The 2013 CIM Convention in Toronto will be the ultimate opportunity for you to network and meet with professionals and peers in your field, as well as with managers throughout the mining industry. When it comes to looking for that perfect job – or perhaps co-op opportunity or research support – a strong network can be the key to getting straight A’s!
The Student program will ensure CIM Toronto 2013 is both informative and educational. It will enable you to put your best foot forward and make a lasting impression. And it is one of the greatest opportunities to make friends with your peers from schools across the country.
There is more for students at the 2013 CIM Convention. Student registration includes having access to all of the same elements as regular registration:
- Complete technical program
- CIM Plenary
- Free online access to the papers and presentations after the conference
- CIM Exhibition
- CIM Job Fair
- CIM Opening Reception
- Women in Mining Forum
- Monday lunch on the exhibition floor
- CIM Student-Industry lunch on Tuesday *
- Joy Global Gala
* During lunch, enjoy a presentation from the ever-popular “Rick and Larry Show,” where speakers Rick Hutson and Larry Smith will provide relevant information on networking, resumé writing, how to create effective business cards, and other useful career-building tips and hints. You do not want to miss it!
The luncheon has proven to be the perfect opportunity for students to meet industry leaders and establish indispensable contacts. It is also the place to enjoy a comprehensive presentation on networking, resumé writing, how to create effective business cards, and other useful career-building tips and hints. Speakers Rick Hutson and Larry Smith will provide relevant information. You do not want to miss it!
Time: 12:00 to 14:00
Cost: Included in the student registration fee
Rick Hutson, senior consultant, C.J. Stafford & Associates
Larry Smith, senior manager, project evaluations and strategic analysis, Barrick Gold Corporation
CIM Student Membership
Conference registration includes a one year CIM Membership. CIM Student Members are part of the most relevant network of industry leaders and specialists and can tap into the services and opportunities offered across the country. CIM empowers the next generation of industry leaders. Student services include:
- Over $200,000 in annual scholarships, bursaries and awards
- CIM Student Chapters onsite at many universities across the country
- Student programs at most CIM meetings