Bill Davenport Honorary Symposium
The career of Dr. Bill Davenport has spanned 6 decades and as many distinct areas of extractive metallurgy. His research and academic fields include the extractive metallurgy of copper, nickel, cobalt, and platinum group metals as well as the manufacture of sulphuric acid and iron making. The objectives of the symposium are to provide a review of these efforts by the publication of technical papers from industry experts that have been mentored or influenced by the work of Dr. Davenport. These areas include the extractive metallurgy of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, sulphuric acid technology, and rare earth metals. The organizing committee is hoping for a wide representation of authors including extractive metallurgy specialists, industry managers, and former students and colleagues of Dr. Davenport.
If your career has been influenced by the work of Dr. Davenport, please click on one of the organizers listed below to inquire about submitting a paper for this special symposium. Commitments and paper titles are requested by November 15, 2013. The balance of
paper schedule deadlines will follow conference requirements.
- Eric Partelpoeg, EHP Consulting, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Moats, Missouri University of Science and Technology, email@example.com
- Matt King, Hatch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Jones, Miami Smelter, Freeport McMoRan Copper and Gold,email@example.com
- Engin Ozberk, International Minerals Innovation Institute (IMII), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toru H. Okabe, The University of Tokyo, email@example.com